GONUTS has been updated to MW1.29.2. Most things seem to be working but be sure to report problems.
Have any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category:CACAO Fall 2011
- There is a clock in the top right corner that shows the time in GMT.
- Need a suggestion of a protein to annotate? Try looking for information & papers on these proteins at EcoCyc
CACAO Fall 2011
- We will be using GONUTS again for our competition meaning students can again choose to annotate any protein in UniProt.
- slight change in plans! We will be working in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) now for the competition. University College London has several grad students who will be participating... making them compete on CST seems extra mean since the rounds would start and finish at roughly 5-6am for them.
NEW CALENDAR FOR ROUNDS
|Inning/Round||Period|| Start - End (GMT)
( UCL )
| Start - End (CST)
( TAMU, MSU, NDSU, & HBU )
| Start - End (EST)|
( Swarthmore & Hofstra )
|1||Annotation||Sept. 19, 00:00:00 - Sept. 25, 23:59:59||Sept. 18, 6:00pm - Sept. 25, 5:59pm||Sept. 18, 7:00pm - Sept. 25, 6:59pm|
|1||Challenge||Sept. 26, 00:00:00 - Oct. 2, 23:59:59||Sept. 25, 6:00pm - Oct. 2, 5:59pm||Sept. 25, 7:00pm - Oct. 2, 6:59pm|
|2||Annotation||Oct. 3, 00:00:00 - Oct. 9, 23:59:59||Oct. 2, 6:00pm - Oct. 9, 5:59pm||Oct. 2, 7:00pm - Oct. 9, 6:59pm|
|2||Challenge||Oct. 10, 00:00:00 - Oct. 16, 23:59:59||Oct. 9, 6:00pm - Oct. 16, 5:59pm||Oct. 9, 7:00pm - Oct. 16, 6:59pm|
|3||Annotation||Oct. 17, 00:00:00 - Oct. 23, 23:59:59||Oct. 16, 6:00pm - Oct. 23, 5:59pm||Oct. 16, 7:00pm - Oct. 23, 6:59pm|
|3||Challenge||Oct. 24, 00:00:00 - Oct. 30, 23:59:59||Oct. 23, 6:00pm - Oct. 30, 5:59pm||Oct. 23, 7:00pm - Oct. 30, 6:59pm|
|4||Annotation||Oct. 31, 00:00:00 - Nov. 6, 23:59:59||Oct. 30, 6:00pm - Nov. 6, 5:59pm||Oct. 30, 7:00pm - Nov. 6, 6:59pm|
|4||Challenge||Nov. 7, 00:00:00 - Nov. 13, 23:59:59||Nov. 6, 6:00pm - Nov. 13, 5:59pm||Nov. 6, 7:00pm - Nov. 13, 6:59pm|
|5||Annotation||Nov. 14, 00:00:00 - Nov. 20, 23:59:59||Nov. 13, 6:00pm - Nov. 20, 5:59pm||Nov. 13, 7:00pm - Nov. 20, 6:59pm|
|5||Challenge||Nov. 21, 00:00:00 - Nov. 27, 23:59:59||Nov. 20, 6:00pm - Nov. 27, 5:59pm||Nov. 20, 7:00pm - Nov. 27, 6:59pm|
- we are looking forward to another semester of heated biocuration competition
- This semester's teams will be from
- we will be running 5 rounds and instructors can choose any or all rounds of the open competition to participate in. Additionally, instructors can choose to run their own round with support from us.
- click here for a list of the dates of each round
Advanced Biocuration Course for Undergraduates
- this fall, we are adding to our courses with an advanced biocuration course at TAMU. The course requires previous enrollment/volunteering in CACAO and is meant to train undergraduates to become judges and assessors of the annotations contributed by students participating in CACAO. We feel this is the next step in the evolution of CACAO and offers students further advancement and training in functional annotation.
- HELP WITH EVIDENCE CODES
- helpful handouts for students
- Calendar of rounds
- Scoring of challenges
- HELP WITH EVIDENCE CODES
- For TAMU students:
- Here's a list of the evidence codes that CACAO students may use:
- IDA: Inferred from Direct Assay
- IMP: Inferred from Mutant Phenotype
- IGI: Inferred from Genetic Interaction - requires with/from field to be filled in
- IEP: Inferred from Expression Pattern
- ISO: Inferred from Sequence Orthology - requires with/from field to be filled in
- ISA: Inferred from Sequence Alignment - requires with/from field to be filled in
- ISM: Inferred from Sequence Model - requires with/from field to be filled in
- IGC: Inferred from Genomic Context
- for more help on evidence codes, see helpful handouts for students or the GO Consortium documentation at: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.evidence.shtml
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
Pages in category "CACAO Fall 2011"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
Jump to pages starting with: C E F G H L S