Category:ASM JGI challenge
Welcome to another exciting biocuration competition using the Gene Ontology!
Remember - annotate using Gene Ontology terms to describe the attributes (functions, processes, cellular locations) of the protein(s) described in the paper(s).
Papers for each team
- PMID:15555931 - ASM_JGI_one
- PMID:16461638 - ASM_JGI_two
- PMID:19060141 - ASM_JGI_three
- PMID:19181804 - ASM_JGI_four
- If you hate the paper I assigned to your team, feel free to browse these...
Handy and Important Links While Annotating
- uniprot.org - Proteins
- GO terms from the top of the ontology - GO terms on GONUTS
- QuickGO from EBI - another place to search for GO terms
- GO evidence code documentation - documentation on using evidence codes
Permitted Evidence Codes for CACAO
- we are down to seven permitted evidence codes for CACAO biocurators:
- IDA: Inferred from Direct Assay
- IMP: Inferred from Mutant Phenotype
- IGI: Inferred from Genetic Interaction - requires with/from field to be filled in
- ISO: Inferred from Sequence Orthology - requires with/from field to be filled in
- ISA: Inferred from Sequence Alignment - requires with/from field to be filled in
- ISM: Inferred from Sequence Model - requires with/from field to be filled in
- IGC: Inferred from Genomic Context